RE: [council] Nomination of Stephane Van Gelder
- To: "Adrian Kinderis" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Nomination of Stephane Van Gelder
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:35:20 -0400
- In-reply-to: <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB3E14005F59@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB3E14005F59@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcpMS73WuZ7Er8hxTbmggWZY4vgLLQAEfmDA
- Thread-topic: [council] Nomination of Stephane Van Gelder
I second the nomination of Stephane Van Gelder for Council Chair.
[mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Kinderis
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:26 PM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Nomination of Stephane Van Gelder
I would like to nominate Stéphane Van Gelder to the position of Chair
of the GNSO Council.
He has satisfied me and our Stakeholder Group that he can put any
personal interests aside and drive the massive amounts of work ahead of us from
a position of neutrality and fairness.
I also believe that, given his management background, he will be able
to effectively manage the priorities the tasks at hand - an imperative quality
for the leader of the Council.
I hope that folks don't see this as one Registrar looking after
another. It has actually been a significant internal process as we have looked
across the Council for our next leader. We see Stéphane's leadership qualities
as the main driver here. As you would understand the Registrar Stakeholder
Group continues to grow with varied perspectives, views and business models
(much in the same was the Registry Stakeholder group has) particularly at this
time of flux. Please see this endorsement then, of not just a suitable
Registrar to fill the position of Chair, but a worthy candidate for all.