Re: [council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights Protection Mechanisms in New gTLDs"
- To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights Protection Mechanisms in New gTLDs"
- From: "Zahid Jamil" <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 06:41:51 +0000
- Cc: kurt.pritz@xxxxxxxxx
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <780A738C62DA734987AC5BD2A90961D197F6E9@cbiexm01dc.cov.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <780A738C62DA734987AC5BD2A90961D197F6E9@cbiexm01dc.cov.com>
- Reply-to: zahid@xxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sensitivity: Normal
These are important questions and I too look forward to their response on the
call on the 8th. Thanks Kristina for these.
Jamil & Jamil
219-221 Central Hotel Annexe
Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan
Tel: +92 21 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025
Fax: +92 21 5655026
Notice / Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and its contents are being
communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may
contain/are the intellectual property of Jamil & Jamil, Barristers-at-Law, and
constitute privileged information protected by attorney client privilege. The
reproduction, publication, use, amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever
of any part or parts (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by
electronic means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other use
of this communication) without prior written permission and consent of Jamil &
Jamil is prohibited.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:56:01
Subject: [council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights Protection
Mechanisms in New gTLDs"
Not unexpectedly, I have some questions, which I have listed below. (I
am copying Kurt in the event that he or other ICANN staff is best placed
to answer them.):
1. If the Board has sent the GNSO Council a letter that provides any
further information, detail, instruction, or the like on this
consultation, would someone please post that letter to this list?
2. If the Board has not yet sent such letter, does it still intend to
3. If the Board does not intend to send such a letter, will it provide
guidance/clarification to the GNSO as to:
i) How will consensus be measured? A Council vote? Number of
public comments? Number of signatories to public comments? Other (and,
if so, what)?
ii) What constitutes "consensus"? Unanimity? If not, what?
iii) What is the default? In other words, what action will the
Board take if the GNSO is unable to reach consensus?
4. If the Board will not/does not intend to provide
guidance/clarifications on the points noted in 3(i)-(iii), who makes
It would be most helpful if answers to these questions/responses to
these requests could be provided before or during our 8 October Council