RE: [council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights Protection Mechanisms in New gTLDs"
- To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights Protection Mechanisms in New gTLDs"
- From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:51:32 -0400
- Cc: <kurt.pritz@xxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <EFCAE6EA-049C-4373-A583-104DC03648F7@psg.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcpG344N9cHHqN1MTka3zqoLomMikQAADwIA
- Thread-topic: [council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights Protection Mechanisms in New gTLDs"
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:47 PM
To: Council GNSO
Cc: Kurt Pritz
Subject: Re: [council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights
Protection Mechanisms in New gTLDs"
On 6 Oct 2009, at 18:56, Rosette, Kristina wrote:
> Not unexpectedly, I have some questions, which I have listed below.
> (I am copying Kurt in the event that he or other ICANN staff is best
> placed to answer them.):
> 1. If the Board has sent the GNSO Council a letter that provides any
> further information, detail, instruction, or the like on this
> consultation, would someone please post that letter to this list?
I am told the letter is still being worked on and will come real soon
> 2. If the Board has not yet sent such letter, does it still intend
> to do so?
I was told by Denise yesterday, I think it was yesterday, that it does.
That is al the info I have.
> 3. If the Board does not intend to send such a letter, will it
> provide guidance/clarification to the GNSO as to:
> i) How will consensus be measured? A Council vote? Number
> of public comments? Number of signatories to public comments?
> Other (and, if so, what)?
> ii) What constitutes "consensus"? Unanimity? If not, what?
> iii) What is the default? In other words, what action will
> the Board take if the GNSO is unable to reach consensus?
> 4. If the Board will not/does not intend to provide guidance/
> clarifications on the points noted in 3(i)-(iii), who makes those
> It would be most helpful if answers to these questions/responses to
> these requests could be provided before or during our 8 October
> Council meeting.
> Many thanks.