[council] RE: DAG v3
- To: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] RE: DAG v3
- From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 15:14:40 -0700
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- In-reply-to: <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB3E0BD24FA7@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB3E0BD24FA7@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcpDqxHFWO0DFxmfSSm/RLIc8kn8LwAAXtSQ
- Thread-topic: DAG v3
Dear Adrian and all:
We are working on final details of the Applicant Guidebook version 3,
explanatory memoranda and other additional documents. We are planning on
posting over 30 documents that are being reviewed and formatted. Unfortunately
this process is taking longer than initially expected, even with long working
evenings and weekends. Apologies for missing the date previously communicated
by Peter. We are, however, still within the deadline we need to follow
according to the Board.
We are also working and intend to launch a redesigned new gTLD webpage to house
all new gTLD information. It is not a stunning design, but hopefully will help
people to find information faster.
We expect to post either tonight or Monday. Stay tuned and thank you for your
See you all in Seoul.
Director of Communications and Product Services
ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
Direct: +1 310 301 3878
Mobile: +1 310 424 8631
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Adrian Kinderis
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 2:56 PM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] DAG v3
Is it just me or were we expecting the DAV v3 by September 30?
In recent communications (Peter's letter to the GAC for example) this was the
Whilst I am not too bothered by the delay what does concern me is that ICANN
staff have simply left us in the dark as to the progress.
If ICANN knew it was going to be late why not make an announcement to clarify?
Why keep us guessing?
Very frustrating for the Community for which they serve.
Perhaps they were too busy celebrating with the US Government to care?
Is it [possible to request a response from staff?