RE: [council] Why are users interested?
- To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Why are users interested?
- From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:22:50 +1000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
- In-reply-to: <5D2175C0C9E64B0393281DB509BB6D41@PSEVO>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <email@example.com> <DBDE7759B26B4287A36B37A10F86AA9E@PSEVO> <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB3E0BD240B1@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local> <32B00E1035F44224B52B9C68A059F07E@PSEVO> <5D2175C0C9E64B0393281DB509BB6D41@PSEVO>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Aco6w80/qxMoSEUmQSSTtmTQTaLjzwAA6STQABUlgEAADr8ycAABXcJwAABAuBA=
- Thread-topic: [council] Why are users interested?
Thanks Philip. I appreciate it.
Last question; do you or your company receive payment for assisting these
companies (i.e. Consultancy) to gain an understanding of ICANN policy and the
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Tuesday, 22 September 2009 6:18 PM
To: 'Council GNSO'
Subject: [council] Why are users interested?
Adrian, fellow Councillors,
OK a serious reply.
My organisation represents global and local branded fmcg.
For these companies the Internet is a fundamental part of their business model.
An ideal Internet is one that is:
- free from fraud, counterfeits, and means of reputational damage.
In as much as ICANN policies can directly or indirectly contribute to an
Internet that is:
- crime ridden,
we are interested to be involved.