RE: [council] Travel to Seoul - funding
- To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "'Olga Cavalli'" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Travel to Seoul - funding
- From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:43:58 +1000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
- Cc: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <DBDE7759B26B4287A36B37A10F86AA9E@PSEVO>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <email@example.com> <DBDE7759B26B4287A36B37A10F86AA9E@PSEVO>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Aco6w80/qxMoSEUmQSSTtmTQTaLjzwAA6STQABUlgEA=
- Thread-topic: [council] Travel to Seoul - funding
I must say I'm not shocked to see your application for travel funding.
Please, no need reference "long haul" as an excuse for this funding. That is
just ignorant to others where most EVERY trip is long haul. Not sure why you
consider yourself such an exception.
I am not sure why you even felt compelled to provide any explanation for your
funding unless you wanted to stir up the hornets' nest - yet again. Just not
necessary and I simply disagree with it.
Some questions if you don't mind? Why does your company pay for you to attend
any ICANN's at all? What do they get out of it? I see nothing in your statement
of interest that defines this. (This is simply a follow up to my previous
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Tuesday, 22 September 2009 12:29 AM
To: 'Olga Cavalli'
Cc: 'Council GNSO'
Subject: [council] Travel to Seoul - funding
Olga, thank you for the outreach.
Please make this formal request.
The BC formally requests travel funding for Philip Sheppard, as a retiring
council member, for the Seoul meeting.
There is considerable constituency, stakeholder group, and GNSO handover work
I may also be able to provide a certain institutional memory.
My organisation can ordinarily currently fund one long-haul trip per year.
This year there have been three such long-haul and so costly trips (for a
European), which is I believe the first time ever in ICANN history.