RE: [council] Travel to Seoul - funding

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "'Olga Cavalli'" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Travel to Seoul - funding
  • From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:43:58 +1000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
  • Cc: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Philip,

I must say I'm not shocked to see your application for travel funding.

Please, no need reference "long haul" as an excuse for this funding. That is
just ignorant to others where most EVERY trip is long haul. Not sure why you
consider yourself such an exception.

I am not sure why you even felt compelled to provide any explanation for your
funding unless you wanted to stir up the hornets' nest - yet again. Just not
necessary and I simply disagree with it.

Some questions if you don't mind? Why does your company pay for you to attend
any ICANN's at all? What do they get out of it? I see nothing in your statement
of interest that defines this. (This is simply a follow up to my previous
questions actually).

Thanks.

Adrian Kinderis