        From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Greenberg
        Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 3:55 PM
        To: GNSO Council
        Subject: Re: [council] NCAs in the new GNSO Council structure

        If I understood Avri correctly yesterday, the immediate concern
is to address where this coming year's NCA's sit, as it is possible (but
not a sure thing) that next year the NomCom itself will take on the
role. So any decision made now could be with the understanding that it
is for this year only, with the three known NCAs.

        Or it could be a generalized solution that will work every year
if the NomCom does not do it.

        One last thought is that if option e is adopted, I do not think
that it would be fair to say that Andrey Kolesnikov is destined to fill
that role for his entire two years. He applied for the position based on
the old structure and rules.

        Alan