RE: [council] Updates: Geo Regions - ccNSO - Travel drafting team
- To: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Updates: Geo Regions - ccNSO - Travel drafting team
- From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 09:36:43 +1000
- Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
- Cc: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, Olga Cavalli <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Acoo+LWaasJm/Yp7T0Optc5jUb+9mgACNQVw
- Thread-topic: [council] Updates: Geo Regions - ccNSO - Travel drafting team
Thanks Olga. Helpful.
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Olga Cavalli
Sent: Sunday, 30 August 2009 8:32 AM
To: GNSO Council
Cc: Avri Doria; Glen de Saint Géry; Olga Cavalli
Subject: [council] Updates: Geo Regions - ccNSO - Travel drafting team
these are the updates for ccnso, geo regions and travel drafting team.
I will update this report on Monday after the first conference call of the IDN
PDP Wolking Group, if needed.
IDN PDP Working Group will have its first conference call on Monday 31 August.
I will send an update about this meeting before the GNSO conference call on
ccNSO is working in defining their agenda for the Seoul Meeting.
The innitial Working Group is available for public comments. It attempts to
identify the various applications and functions to which "ICANN Geographic
Regions" are currently applied by existing ICANN structures.
35 days period of public comments ends on 4 September.
Travel Drafting Team:
Travel drafting team did not reach agreement on whether some retiring
councelors should be funded to attend the Seoul meeting or not.
In relation with the question of having additional support for retiring
councelors, Kevin Wilson informed us that ICANN is constrained by travel
He suggested that if GNSO decides to request additional support, we should
submit the request and if the budget impact is small, ICANN may be able to
If the budget impact is significant, ICANN would need to consider what process
and approvals need to be pursued.
A face to face meeting of the travel drafting team will be scheduled with ICANN
staff during the ICANN Seoul meeting. Once the date and time are established,
this information will be sent to the drafting team list.