RE: [council] RE: IDN ccTLD Fast Track implementation plan council comments

  • To: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] RE: IDN ccTLD Fast Track implementation plan council comments
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:23:22 -0700
  • Cc: "'Gomes,Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One example that was recently pointed out to me is a shortened version
of Thailand. Evidently, when abbreviated as two internationalized
characters it becomes the Thai word for "free". A Thai-script IDN ccTLD
for Thailand could then possibly conflict out ".free" as a gTLD and its
IDN foreign language equivalents.

Tim