RE: [council] Motion regarding New gTLDs

  • To: "Gomes,Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Motion regarding New gTLDs
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:34:05 -0700
  • Cc: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

May sound strange coming from me since I supported this idea initially,
but after all the comments that have been submitted (still reading them)
and the criticisms that have been made, is it wise for us to try and
hurry this up in any way?

And a couple of procedural questions:
1) What is the threshold for Council approval?
2) Will the Board have to also approve this?

Tim