Re: [council] Motion regarding New gTLDs

Hi,

that is a really good question.

If we present this as an amendment on our recommendations, then I believe it would have to go to the Board.

If it was just a request from the GNSO council that the Staff consider this as a practical issue in the next revision, then it would be numbered one among many things where the plans deviated from the original GNSO recommendations and the Board would have to take it into account when approving the implementation plan. Of course on this issue at least, the Staff would have the ability to show that this change was made on our request.

That is my first estimation on it. Of course it is another issue where the advise of counsel could be helpful. These days we are having so many questions like that it would really be good to have a member of the legal staff assigned to help us with these thorny issues.

On a practical manner, we have an incredibly full meeting that I am not sure to fit this issue in - not if we need any amount of discussion on it.

a.