[council] Agenda Items for Joint Meeting with the ccNSO

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Agenda Items for Joint Meeting with the ccNSO
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:36:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

We have a joint meeting with the ccNSO planned for 26 June in Paris. ths is a SO-SO meeting. Not exactly sure yet how this is going to be organized, but we ned to work out an agenda.

I assume that we will want to talk about the Fast Track and perhaps other issues. Suggestions are welcome. My first thoughts would center around subjects such as;

- Meaning of non-controversial in the the Fast Track process. Currently the scope of non-controversial is limited to within a region. This scope and its implication is perhaps worth talking about.

- The idea of an objection process or some other mechanism for allowing questions to be raised during the fast track if an application from a territory seems problematic to the GSNO or one of its constituencies or members.

- Technical, operational and other conditions in fast track approval. Are there any parallels between the IDN ccTLD fast track process and the IDN gTLD process?

I welcome other suggestions. I would think 3 or 4 topics would probably be sufficient.

Thanks

a.