[council] Draft Initial Report for IDNC

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Draft Initial Report for IDNC
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 09:37:54 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note that ICANN pusblished the Draft Initial Report for the IDNC for
public comment:
http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/draft-initial-report-idnc-wg-01feb0
8.pdf
<http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/draft-initial-report-idnc-wg-01feb
08.pdf>

A decision we need to consider is whether we want to provide GNSO
comments on this.  In particular, we could provide relevant comments
from our response to the ccNSO/GAC Issues Paper on IDN ccTLDs.  Because
the comment period ends 26 February, we probably should decide this in
New Delhi when we are talking about this topic.

On a related note, the public comment period on the Introduction of IDN
ccTLDs ends on 25 February.  We had previously discussed whether we
should submit our full response to the ccNSO/GAC Issues Paper on IDN
ccTLDs.  I personally support this because our response directly answers
the questions in that issues paper.  But we should decide that in New
Delhi.  Certainly, we need to provide our response to the Board because
they requested it.

Chuck Gomes