RE: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
- To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:05:31 -0500
- In-reply-to: <008b01c84d36$d61b8680$e601a8c0@PSEVO>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AchEAcm48436s8x9SzWyW6xjCw9PFQJNFABAAAi1HmA=
- Thread-topic: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
In discussing this issue within the RyC there has been considerable
support for expanding voting to include electronic voting for a limited
time frame (e.g., 7 calendar days). If that was done, proxy voting may
not even be needed. We sometimes do that in the RyC.
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:59 AM
To: 'Council GNSO'
Subject: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
Happy New Year fellow Council members;
The staff recommendations in the note on proxy voting seem sound and
consistent with former Names Council practice when we engaged in proxy
voting - whether we were supposed to or not.
On the item c - participation, I believe current practice whereby we
have often extensively talked over an issue before a vote, covers this
All we need now is to set out the recommendations into a short set of
rules and add in a few practicalities such as open proxy and a proxy
with direction to vote in a certain way, and we are done.
I hope we can move forward on this with due haste.