[council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
- To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
- From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:58:49 +0100
- In-reply-to: <E72DCB68-0A30-4DB3-89D2-8BC07D403617@acm.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <008601c842b2$44a8e370$0200a8c0@ICANN1226> <E72DCB68-0A30-4DB3-89D2-8BC07D403617@acm.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AchEAcm48436s8x9SzWyW6xjCw9PFQJNFABA
Happy New Year fellow Council members;
The staff recommendations in the note on proxy voting seem sound and consistent
Names Council practice when we engaged in proxy voting - whether we were
supposed to or not.
On the item c - participation, I believe current practice whereby we have often
talked over an issue before a vote, covers this point.
All we need now is to set out the recommendations into a short set of rules and
add in a few
practicalities such as open proxy and a proxy with direction to vote in a
certain way, and
we are done.
I hope we can move forward on this with due haste.