[council] Fwd: initial memo on propsed proxy voting change

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Fwd: initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:43:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

After a conversation with Chuck and me, Liz and Dan produced the following memo on the issues involved in proxy voting. I would like to suggest that we discuss the issues in this memo on the list and in an upcoming meeting after which, if the Council wishes to proceed with a by-laws change we form a small drafting team to produce a recommended change that we could vote on in council and forward to the Board for consideration.

As a point of information, I asked Glen to give us the figures for attendance comparing attendance while we were still using proxy voting with the period once we no longer had proxy voting. My reason for requesting this was to deal with the question of whether having proxy voting affects attendance. Once I have these figures, I will forward them on to the group.

My thanks to Liz, Dan and Glen for their work on this issue.

a.

Begin forwarded message: