RE: [council] Re: Draft Schedule for GNSO related meetings in LA

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Re: Draft Schedule for GNSO related meetings in LA
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:28:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am not in favor of voting during our weekend meetings on such short
notice.

Although I will arrive on Friday night, it would not surprise me if that
was not true for all Councilors, and that some of our colleagues may
have made travel arrangements based on the reasonable assumption that
the working meetings were just that.  ( Personally, I would prefer that
we have final agendas set no less than 30 days before the first
"working" meeting so that we can make the most inexpensive flight
arrangements.)

Further, the IPC has scheduled the majority of its decision-making for
the constituency meeting on Tuesday.  While I understand that we could
stop just short of voting, it seems likely to me that views may change
in the intervening days such that time spent during the working meetings
may not be most efficiently utilized.