[council] Updated Statement of Interest

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Updated Statement of Interest
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 11:54:47 +0530
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am an independent research consultant and a part time adjunct professor at Luleå University of Technology in Sweden. I also have a recurring contract with the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) as a consultant to its secretariat and am an associate of the Interisle Consulting Group. Interisle Consulting Group is the independent contractor that is currently being utilized for the ICANN Nominating Committee Review. I have no role in this review, am not involved in any of this work and am completely shielded from any of the information or data collected as part of this work.

I currently have no employment, contract, statement of work, financial interest, share ownership or any other business relationship with ICANN, registries or registrars except as a registrant of several domain names.

As part of my volunteer activities I give advice to various representatives of indigenous nomadic and semi-nomadic populations on Internet topics which include the possibility of obtaining a gTLD. I am currently involved in activities that may lead to the creation of an non governmental organization (NGO) whose primary purpose would be to assist indigenous groups as well as populations from the less developed nations, NGOs active in representing the needs of these populations, and other advocacy groups, in obtaining a presence on the Internet. These activities may involve providing assistance in obtaining a TLD, including assistance in raising the necessary funding for a TLD, when that is an appropriate solution to their goals.