Re: [council] Regarding voting rules at the Council

  • To: Greg Ruth <greg_ruth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Regarding voting rules at the Council
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:06:20 -0500
  • Cc: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greg Ruth wrote:
So you are saying, I think, that we should use the existing bylaws
unchanged to conduct the GNSO review and only when that is done should
we change the bylaws.  First complete GNSO Review, then bylaws
modification.  Is that correct?

I'm not going to put words in Bruce's mouth, but that is distinctly not what he said. My read is that Bruce has very plainly and simply stated that we already have bylaws in place that govern our procedures and interactions and that we should continue to abide by those rules until such time they change. Whether or not they change through the review or some other amendment is besides the point.

-ross