RE: [council] Regarding voting rules at the Council

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Regarding voting rules at the Council
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:51:35 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Greg,

> So you are saying, I think, that we should use the existing
> bylaws unchanged to conduct the GNSO review and only when
> that is done should we change the bylaws.  First complete
> GNSO Review, then bylaws modification.  Is that correct?

Not really.

I think we should use the GNSO bylaws for conducting Council business.
This includes passing motions to make a Council recommendation to the
Board on a given topic.

The wider task of the GNSO review is actually a Board led task, but we
"could" decide to establish a GNSO working group to feed into that
process.  The procedure of that working group including membership,
voting rules, etc could be approved by the Council.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin