[council] Regarding Item 4: Proposed bylaws amendment to improve transparency with respect to contract approvals

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Regarding Item 4: Proposed bylaws amendment to improve transparency with respect to contract approvals
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:20:54 +1000
  • Cc: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

With respect to the agenda topic:

> Item 4: Proposed bylaws amendment to improve transparency
> with respect to contract approvals
>
> - update from General Counsel on action with respect to the
> GNSO request of 18 August 05 regarding proposed changes to
> ICANN bylaws to improve transparency with respect to contract
> approvals

I had a phone conference with John Jeffrey and Dan Halloran of the
General Counsel's office, along with Denise Michel regarding this agenda
item.

John agreed to create some draft wording in response to the original
suggestion from the GNSO Council, and will send to the Council for
comment.   John also noted that the Board had been complying with the
spirit of the recommendation with respect to putting out gTLD contracts
for public comment.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin