[council] ICANN Board Meeting - 21-Feb-2006

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] ICANN Board Meeting - 21-Feb-2006
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:59:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Council Members:

As a follow-up to my previous post, I just wanted to advise the council
that the Secretariat has updated the ICANN website to include all of
these dates, including the proposed agenda for the 21-Feb-2006 meeting
within seven days of that meeting as required by the bylaws.

    *  Review of Public Comments Regarding VeriSign Settlement
Agreements
    * Litigation Status Update
    * Discussion of VeriSign Settlement Agreements
    * Designation of São Paulo as 2006 Annual Meeting
    * Consideration of ccNSO's ccPDP Results and Recommendations on
Proposed ICANN Bylaws Changes
    * Approval of Contractor to Conduct GNSO Review
    * Designation of Academic Organization to Select Delegate for
ICANN's 2006 Nominating Committee
    * Approval of Director's Expenses
    * Other Business

Should anyone have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I
have heard from at least one registrar regarding the briefing that staff
provided yesterday. I would hope that these briefing assist the
respective constituencies in helping formulate comments which they can
submit via the public forum. Although I have the benefit of monitoring
your calls and this list's communications, I believe it is important to
use the public forum as the primary mechanism to document the
community's position on the proposed Verisign settlement agreements.

I also point to the proposed approval of the contract to conduct the
GNSO review which should be of particular importance to the GNSO.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage