RE: [council] GNSO Website

  • To: <alick.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'gnso.icann'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'council'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] GNSO Website
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:54:12 -0500
  • Cc: <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Barbara Roseman'" <barbara.roseman@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Maria Farrell'" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Kurt Pritz'" <pritz@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Paul Verhoef'" <paul.verhoef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alick, thanks for your email about wsis-online. As you might imagine, I am a
user of that site, as I am of the gNSO and ICANN sites.

It is always interesting to consider other well used/frequently visited
sites engaged in information provision, encouraging participation, etc., ?..
We might also want to look at the wgig site? as well as the ITU site, and
many other sites, before picking a model for further changes in the ICANN
site.

But, this is a site well worth visiting, and considering. Thanks for calling
it to our attention. I?ve added in a few folks who might also want to give a
?look?, since they are part of any ability to influence any changes in the
ICANN site.

As to the gNSO site, we should be thinking about what we can learn from this
site for our own site, I agree! The really interactive nature of wsis-online
may be a little inappropriate for us/as council, but referring people to our
constituencies sites, where they should be able to get involved is key.

  _____