Re: [council] FW: Statement of New Registry Services PDP

  • To: <Amadeu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] FW: Statement of New Registry Services PDP
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:29:44 -0400
  • Cc: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> Amadeu Abril i Abril <Amadeu@xxxxxxxxxx> 10/16/03 01:58PM >>>
>But outisde the fairly reduced circle of professional
>antiICANN fighters

Try to be more, um, professional, Amadeu.
I thought we have left behind the days in ICANN when
policy debates could be short-circuited by claims
that anyone who disagreed with management was
a tool of NSI or out to destroy ICANN.

But, perhaps I am just jealous, you do seem to make a
better living as a professional ICANN-o-crat (someone
else pays to fly you to meetings) than I have making
a profession of "ICANN fighting" (no travel expenses,
one gets excluded from most committees and positions).
Circulating from gTLD-MoU to DNSO to ICANN Board
and back to self-appointed position to the GNSO, your
profession truly does seem to be ICANN. But that does
also raise questions about the objectivity of your legal
advice to ICANN's contracting parties.

>I still have to see a single serious
>intellectual argument on that direction.

Apparently you ignored the law review article I produced.
Or have the University of Illinois and the Berkeley Law School
been relegated to your ever-expanding circle of "professional
ICANN fighters"?