RE: [council] FW: Statement of New Registry Services PDP

  • To: "'Amadeu Abril i Abril'" <Amadeu@xxxxxxxxxx>, Milton Mueller <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] FW: Statement of New Registry Services PDP
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:59:40 -0500
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amadeau,

Within the Registries constituency, and I have heard within the registrars
as well, we operate by a strict code of conduct and are extremely careful to
avoid any issues that may be considered to fall afoul of antitrust
regulations and laws (i.e., no discussion on pricing, no discussion on
restraining the trade of another party, no discussions on forming
coalitions, and certainly no discussion in any way that could operate to
hamper the ability of another registry operator to operate its business and
compete in the marketplace.

Any time an industry gets together, these guidelines need to be strictly
adhered to.  Perhaps, it would be a good idea for an independent neutral
subject matter expert advise the Council on such matters.

Jeff