RE: [council] GNSO Council - proposed agenda - Thursday 14 Augus t 2003

  • To: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] GNSO Council - proposed agenda - Thursday 14 Augus t 2003
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:53:10 -0400
  • Cc: council@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce,

I am submitting the revised gTLD Registries Paper to the Council.  Following
these same suggestions in Montreal, we have attempted on several occasions
to get assistance from the ISP Constituency.  Although this revised paper
was submitted to the ISPs on June 24th, and several reminders were sent in
the last two months, the Registries have received no response.

We are very interested in comments from the ISPs along with the other
constituencies, however, time is of the essence.  Several TLDs, including
the sponsored ones are having an incredibly difficult time with this issue
which, if gone unaddressed in the immediate future, threatens their
viability.  Therefore, we are submitting it to the entire Council at this
time.  As this paper is included in the RFP for new sponsored TLDs (which
comments are due by no later than August 25th), I would ask that this
subject be included on next week's call.

In addition, the sooner we can get an outreach effort underway, the sooner
we can ensure the stability of these top-level domains.  I also understand
that this paper has, or is in the process, of being submitted to the
Security and Stability Committee as well for its consideration.

I ask the Council's help on this issue, and to make this a high priority.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff