Re: [registrars] Registrar Constituency Agenda -- New Delhi Meeting

Michel Machado wrote:
   Isn't it possible to just use EPP's pool for it?

Well, yes, however as has been mentioned, this implies that the notice can be delivered in-band to the registrar (epp client), with arbitrary delay by the registrar (epp client), by the registry (epp server), using a queue.

What you'd like is the notice mechanism I proposed for the protocol back when we were still in the draft-provreg-epp-mumble-xx.txt stage, however, to have registry-initiated instances of communication such as "your hair is on fire", we'd have to make
the event model of the protocol symmetric.

If we did that, we could use EPP to irritate each other, as in, I need to sell a widget I'm not a widget-registrar for, so I need a one transaction deal with a widget-accredited registrar who can EPP (or whatever) to the widget registry.

Verisign won that one, so until there is agreement that we should do epp-bis, that is, do some fixing, I suggest getting some sort of agreement on a payload, which could be some nicely parsable xml and some operator-readable structured text,
and use SMTP as transport.

Eric