RE: [registrars] Definition of Registry Services in recent gtld agreements and scope of price caps

  • To: "Thomas Keller" <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Definition of Registry Services in recent gtld agreements and scope of price caps
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:56:14 +1000
  • Cc: "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Tom,

I interpret (a) (i) and (ii) to mean:

Operations of the registry that are critical for registration, zonefile
etc AND that exist at the time of the new .net agreement.

If a future operation is established for e.g provision of zonefiles,
then it could be subject to a different charge.   E.g Verisign might
make daily zonefiles for free, but 5 minute zonefile updates may be
provided at a fee to be determined by Verisign.

Regards,
Bruce