Re: [registrars] Nominations for Chair.

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Nominations for Chair.
  • From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jbuchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:16:34 -0400
  • Cc: "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sep 3, 2004, at 7:05 AM, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine wrote:

I'm not aware of anyone in this situation, but it seems possible that some persons who keep track of the politics-and-issues of the RC may hold proxy votes from some registrars that don't keep track of the politics-and-issues
of the RC.

This is fine, of course. Tom's original suggestion (and one I support) was that we devise a way to keep track of which registrar each voting member represents. Registrars may designate whoever they want to be their Registered Representative; the idea is simply to know which registrar any given voter represents.

This is just one element in the general process of keeping our membership rolls up to date. It sounds like there's some confusion around how to add members as well, so let me add my voice of support for clarifying that process as well. It seems that paying the $750 initiation fee should give new registrars the right to vote, at least until the ongoing budget is clarified.

Jordyn