Re: [registrars] ICANN Proposed budget is out for public comment

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] ICANN Proposed budget is out for public comment
  • From: Jean-Michel Becar <jmbecar@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:39:58 +0900
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some thoughts/comments about the proposed budget:

- When I finished to read the doucument I just realized that almost anywhere nobody was talking about the registries.....but almost only how registrars/registrants will be charged :-( - Where are the registries in that budget??? Are we the only one to benefit from ICANN and do to be charged for it.....

- When I read "Therefore, nearly $2M (over $0.06 per transactions) of the budget increase is attributable to increased litigation activity".....that give me the feeling thst only the registrars will pay for all the law suits ICANN is facing....why the registries and all others don't participate?

- When you read the REVENUE Planning section there is again no mention of the registries???

- So registrars are for $13.2M and regisries for $1.5M...okay let's say there are less registries than registrars but I think they can contribute a little bit more espacially when I see the difference between .com and .info,..they pay the same amount that doesn't make sense ......... but from here it will be a thread for the registry constituency ;-)

Jean-Michel