Re: [registrars] ICANN Proposed budget is out for public comment

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] ICANN Proposed budget is out for public comment
  • From: "Nitin Agarwal" <nitin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 04:02:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There's nothing to be happy about. $19,000 in addition to the current fees
is a huge difference in what is currently being paid especially for the
smaller registrars. It doesn't really help create competition. I see it only
raising the barrier to entry. I rather see an increased per transaction fee
to allow for greater competition by keeping fixed fees small. This way, the
larger registrars can pay there appropriate larger portion of the fees
rather than taxing everyone equally.

-Nitin