RE: [ga] List Rules - Draft 4 :-)

  • To: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] List Rules - Draft 4 :-)
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 20:30:23 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Joop,

  That is a lot and probably not quite something we should be expanding on in the final draft.

  Could you, using objective language, lay this out as to what you want  - - As in quotes and where it fits. I see some points that may well need to be added.

  Generally speaking the document is not meant as a rebuff or reminder to the GNSO.

  Getting an acceptable set of rules will do for now. Then getting it accepted by the NC and then we can fully elect individuals and add procedures to handle all manner of problems or potential problems.

  Let us work now on obtaining acceptable rules not on redrafting the ones that have been posted for sometime now.

  Eric
  As Chair

Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At 12:18 p.m. 2/08/2007, Debbie Garside wrote:

> > > http://www.geolang.com/draftGAListRulesV4.txt
> > >
> > > We have endeavoured to include all comments. Please let us
> > know if we
> > > have missed anything or if there are any further rules you
> > wish to incorporate.

(New) Subscribers/members.

Perhaps it is not superfluous to add that the GNSO council has an
obligation to keep new subscription to the GA mailing list open and
non-discriminatory, with a link on the GNSO web site.

And perhaps moderator monitoring of a new subscriber's first three posts?
(this to blunt re-subscriptions of banned or monitored individuals).

-joop-