Re: [ga] Sponsorship of IGF Workshops

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Sponsorship of IGF Workshops
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 22:11:25 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all,

  Good suggestion here Danny.  Maybe when the GA gets things
set up you could introduce this as a Motion for Consideration
by the GA members for the LA ICANN meeting?  Once we
have voted on it and if it is carried of course.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Roberto,
>
> Joe raises an interesting consideration, namely that
> if ICANN is in the business of dealing with DNS
> Security and Stability concerns, it should probably
> have the benefit of as much hard data as it can get.
> Joe has mentioned CAIDA (well known for their research
> and scholarship -- see, for instance
> http://www.caida.org/research/dns/ ).
>
> Perhaps ICANN could look into the prospect of engaging
> CAIDA's services?  Perhaps periodic analyses of DNS
> performance?
>
> --- Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Joe,
> >
> > The queries you refer are indeed errors: they are
> > requests who were
> > addressed to the wrong root.
> > People who want to address resources who are outside
> > the official root
> > system should go to the particular root that
> > recognizes those resources: if
> > they don't, it's what is commonly called a mistake,
> > aka "error".
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roberto

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827