RE: [ga] RE: Sponsorship of IGF Workshops

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Karl Auerbach'" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] RE: Sponsorship of IGF Workshops
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re:  IGF itself is going out of its charter and
discussing alternate ways to deal with "critical
resources"

Roberto, I think you're quite wrong on this point:

>From The Tunis Agenda:

72. We ask the UN Secretary-General, in an open and
inclusive process, to convene, by the second quarter
of 2006, a meeting of the new forum for
multi-stakeholder policy dialogue?called the Internet
Governance Forum (IGF). The mandate of the Forum is
to:

j.  Discuss, inter alia, issues relating to critical
Internet resources.

58. We recognize that Internet governance includes
more than Internet naming and addressing. It also
includes other significant public policy issues such
as, inter alia, critical Internet resources, the
security and safety of the Internet, and developmental
aspects and issues pertaining to the use of the
Internet.

70. Using relevant international organizations, such
cooperation should include the development of
globally-applicable principles on public policy issues
associated with the coordination and management of
critical Internet resources. In this regard, we call
upon the organizations responsible for essential tasks
associated with the Internet to contribute to creating
an environment that facilitates this development of
public policy principles.

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/