RE: [ga] Proposal: New Cross-constituency mailing list

  • To: Debbie Garside <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Proposal: New Cross-constituency mailing list
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:34:36 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Debbie,

George hails from the Business Constituency wherein:

"The moderator is charged with providing a value-added
service with an objective to make BC e-mail lists
desirable to read by time-pressed business members by
minimising the unnecessary and untidy correspondence
characteristic of certain e-mail lists within the
ICANN world."

The BC has always excelled in exclusionary practices
preferring closed constituency-based Task Forces that
they could control over open-to-the-public Working
Groups (that invariably produced results not to their
liking).

In spite of ICANN bylaws that require constituencies
to "operate to the maximum extent feasible in an open
and transparent manner", the BC refuses to maintain a
publicly archived discussion list.

Their regard for the unaffiliated (such as you) is as
low as their regard for the ICANN bylaws.  Don't let
it bother you... it takes all kinds to make a world.