Re: [ga] Sponsorship of IGF Workshops

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Sponsorship of IGF Workshops
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 04:54:22 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reminder -- ICANN previously supported WSIS
initiatives:

"Resolved, that ICANN will help support the WGIG with
a contribution of US$100,000 to the UN Global
Information and Communication Technology Project; this
contribution is intended as a good-faith and
transparent contribution to an important discussion,
and does not imply agreement with any final outcome of
the WGIG or the WSIS."
http://www.icann.org/minutes/resolutions-20dec04.htm

It's not unreasonable to ask whether ICANN will be
supporting IGF activities.

Personally I would like to see a workshop entitled "An
Accountability Framework for ICANN" wherein speakers
from other worldwide non-profit organizations could
detail how they successfully set up membership and
accountability mechanisms.  ICANN could certainly
benefit from guidance in this area.