[ga] open public business coopetition proposal

  • To: "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] open public business coopetition proposal
  • From: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 22:54:33 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear all,
Before we run into the risk of a technical split, and unfortunately competition thereby, time has been given to us in order to consider practical interoperability between the present presentation-layer-less Internationalized Internet and virtual presentation layer supported Multilingual Internet approaches.

This comes from the conclusions (that I disapprove of) from a recent ISO/ICANN/JFC meeting. Since in such a case I am the only one who can propose this, I would hate to block it and not give that possibility a fair chance.

You will find, to that end, an open public business coopetition proposal at http://mltf.org/070622-prop.pdf. It is based on my understanding of the way that you want to organise your own mutual interoperability and the need to extend it to the user interfaces and usage architecture I (want to) support.

This is for your comments and for the records.
Sincerely yours,
jfc

NB. this mail has been sent to:
- Peter Constable - Microsoft ISO 639-3
- Mark Davis - Google - Unicode, President
- Addisson Philips - Yahoo! - W3C, WG-Internationalisation, Chair
- Debbie Garside - Geolang, ISO 639-6, proposing an ISO New Work Item Proposal on ISO 3166 non-ASCII script support.
- Gerard Lang - ISO 3166/MA Chair, Convenor ISO TC46/WG2
- Mary Lou Pelaprat - Technical Secretariat, ISO 3166/MA
- Paul Twomey - ICANN, President
- Olaf Kolkman - IAB, Chair
- Russ Housley - IESG, Chair
- Vint Cerf - Google, ICANN, Chair