Re: [ga] Haiti the Internet and ICANN

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Haiti the Internet and ICANN
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:04:59 -0700
  • Cc: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, icann staff <icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, "vinton g. cerf" <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

 Well let se now, the Vatican has it's own ccTLD or some call it an
sTLD = Special TLD, yet no other religious deity has one.  Isn't that
a bit odd?  Also Scotland applied for a ccTLD and was denied,
remember those debates?  However Ireland has it's own ccTLD, doesn't
that dichotomy strike you as rather odd as well?  And .Iq has been
assigned to Iraq yet has no functioning NIC or NOC, even odder still?
And now we have the dubiously illustrious Haiti getting it's own ccTLD
granted by the omnipotent ICANN Bod.

  I am very sure the Scots are not very pleased and may now start to
wonder if the Vatican is not happy with how they practice Catholicism
or that ICANN has all along viewed them as blasphemers in comparison
to the peoples of Haiti.  Now I am a Jew, and even in the new testament
we are gods chosen people, yet ICANN has not yet seem fit to bestow
upon us our own ccTLD or sTLD.  Why is that I wonder, is it because
we have offended our Catholic brothers in some very egregious way,
or are we not deserving of such a bestowance by the omnipotent ICANN?
Are we worse than the world recognized criminal state of Haiti?  Is it
because we are allied in the state of Israel in a struggle against those
whom would seek to destroy us and the state of Israel?  If it is any of
these reasons why than we ask for the aid of the holy se for his
assistance
in recognizing us to the omnipotent Bod of ICANN to grant us our
deliverance
and allow us our own ccTLD or sTLD.

  So now Dr. Dierker, are you and Debbie beginning to get the drift
here, or need I go further?  Is this not an illustration of why ICANN
Directors desperately need to be directly elected by any and all
interested
stakeholders, users and/or registrants?  I mean really now, Scotland
isn't
deserving of a ccTLD and Haiti is?  England is deserving of 2 ccTLD's,
.GB and .UK and Ireland with .IR and yet again, Scotland is not?  Come
on
now folks, wake up and smell the coffee or tea if you prefer, and
recognize
ICANN sense it's inception practices Selective Censorship in one of it
most
ugly forms.  Any form of imposed Censorship is wrong.  I reject such
behavior or concept, I hope all of you will also.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I have seen too many instances where it was the massive influx and
> outflux of information that actually changed a rather dire situation.
> Information Technology should target areas of destitution and civil
> wrong (don't ask; Soviet Union, South Africa, Vietnam and Womens
> rights throughout the Middle East) Also I do not believe it is the
> call of non-transparent and non-representative organizations to decide
> when and where we engage in embargos of information - next they would
> embargo all red states/or would that be blue? Education(IT),
> medicines, food and water should not be part of a bargaining chip.
>
>   But it is fun to sit around and decide who should and should not get
> the internet. I would knock out all politicians and parties but not
> individuals and then of course all religions, except mine.
>
>   Eric

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827