[ga] Haiti the Internet and ICANN

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Haiti the Internet and ICANN
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:24:59 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have seen too many instances where it was the massive influx and outflux of information that actually changed a rather dire situation. Information Technology should target areas of destitution and civil wrong (don't ask; Soviet Union, South Africa, Vietnam and Womens rights throughout the Middle East) Also I do not believe it is the call of non-transparent and non-representative organizations to decide when and where we engage in embargos of information - next they would embargo all red states/or would that be blue? Education(IT), medicines, food and water should not be part of a bargaining chip.

  But it is fun to sit around and decide who should and should not get the internet. I would knock out all politicians and parties but not individuals and then of course all religions, except mine.

  Eric

Got a little couch potato?