Re: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

Kim and all,

  Yep all of these resolve Kim.  However Sotiris's point remains
largely valid as DN resolution does not a properly functioning rule
abiding

NIC make. Either the ASO's and GNSO's rules apply to every ccTLD or
they don't apply at all.  Ergo the bit is on or it is off.  If you
recall
several years back, I didn't agree with some of these operational
"rules",
however I was overruled < pardon the pun > now it appears the reasons I
gave
at the time were well founded.  Is a review in order, or enforcement,
Kim?
You make the call.  Oh, and if I don't see NIC.IQ operating correctly
to the letter in ten days, I will recommend to my CEO to issue a
directive
to de route every .IQ Ip and domain name.

Kim Davies wrote:

> Quoting sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sunday July 01, 2007:
> |
> | Well, if the NIC doesn't have a web site, I would hardly call the .IQ
> | ccTLD functional.
>
> The .IQ registry is functional in the sense that if registrants contact
> them, they provide registration services. Your definition seems novel.
>
> |  Show me some .iq domains that are actually resolving then.
>
> $ dig +short bm.gov.iq
> 72.29.87.222
> $ dig +short itp.gov.iq
> 66.7.194.228
> $ dig +short marksoft.com.iq
> 216.55.145.250
> $ dig +short mohesr.gov.iq
> 217.72.247.242
> $ dig +short iraqcom.com.iq
> 72.18.140.186
>
> etc.
>
> kim

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827