RE: [ga] Notification of Self Organization

  • To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Notification of Self Organization
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:34:34 +0100
  • Cc: "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Agree on all points here, Jeff.

Dominik

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Williams [mailto:jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 8:01 AM
To: Dominik Filipp
Cc: George Kirikos; ga

Dominik and all,

  The GA is not as George suggests, but I think I can see his concerns.
The GA can be what it once was if we self organize as what is seemingly
being desired by some few GA list subscribers.

The GA is not now and never was a "Constituency" of the GNSO or the
defunct old DNSO.  It IS and was a "General Assembly".

This thread is a notice of "Self Organization" of the GA, not a
registrants constituency, but can and should be used as  a medium of
promoting a Registrants Constituency, as well as a At Large/users
Constituency for non registrants/users as the ALAC is and has always
been a failure due to lack of representation on the ICANN Bod and a vote
on any and all policy considerations.

Dominik Filipp wrote:

> George,
>
> it makes no sense to recall the whole genesis all over again. But take

> it as a result of strong dissatisfaction over the long-term persisting

> inactivity regarding the legitimate interests of the
> registrants/stakeholders/users.
>
> Yes, no GA vote will ensure the acceptance of voting result within the

> structures. On the other hand, formulating and expressing a clear
> representative opinion as a result of common consensus backed up by
> legitimate voting is much stronger mechanism than just noncommittal
> small-talks scattered everywhere and eventually vanishing to
> nothingness. Especially, when various serious issues are to be
> addressed and solved such as registerfly or domain tasting, just
> mentioning few of them.
>
> If we succeed in identifying and addressing important issues as well
> as in bringing some valuable ideas on how to solve them and bring into

> life then this will be our contribution to what we understand as a
> bottom-up consensus; it can also be an inspiration and motivation for
> people working within the ICANN structures.
>
> I see the necessity of such a GA structure at least until a
> full-fledged Registrants Constituency is established.
>
> Dominik

   Abraham Lincoln

CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div.
of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Registered Email addr with the USPS Contact
Number: 214-244-4827