RE: [ga] Notification of Self Organization

  • To: "JFC Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Notification of Self Organization
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:25:05 +0100
  • Cc: "ga" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jefsey and friends,

the GA list, as an inter-constituency common forum, has already been
running here for months or years, all that without achieving desired
effect. As this effort seems to be apparently insufficient; what we
really need is to insist on establishing a legitimate "Individual
Registrants Constituency" (IRC) within the ICANN structures so that it
gains all the power implying from that position.

I would therefore suggest Danny, Roberto and everyone invited to the
Lisbon meeting and supporting the IRC concept to work together and to
try explicitly addressing this as an official issue at the meeting in
Lisbon. The Registerfly case will no doubt be a hot topic and as stated
on the ICANN site "ICANN intends to hold a forum to discuss the reform
of the Accreditation policy and process at its Lisbon meeting in a
week's time."
(http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-16mar07.htm).

Establishing IRC is the logical consequence of the failure(s) caused by
the ongoing marginalization of the legitimate needs and interests of the
stakeholders, especially in terms of representative presence at ICANN.
In light of the recent events this motion is fully legitimate and could
gain much broader acceptance at the meeting. I even think a deeper
discussion over the GNSO reform as mentioned in LSE is likely to
unleash.

Dominik