Re: [ga] Notification of Self Organization

Rod and all,

  Exactly right, and agreed.  An average Registrant that may or may not
have an interest is some aspect of IP also AND does have an interest
in other domain name related business AND is also a user, is also not
represented in the BC or does not qualify as a BC member or an
ALAC member, nor a NCUC member...  Yet another of many holes
in the ICANN Constituency model leaving a vast number of Registrants
and non registrants disenfranchized/unrepresented.  Which begs for
a "Registrant Constituency" which has NO membership restrictions
other than being a domain name registrant...

roddixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The flow chart shows ICANN has no room for non-ISP registrant/businesses
> that are not interested in IP.  The chart discloses the big hole in ICANN
> for registrant individuals and non-ISP/registrant/businesses that are not
> interested in IP. I think the GA self organization is a viable effort to
> plug that hole.
>
> Rod
>
> > George :-)))
> >
> > I admire your bright thoughts but the main problem is that business
> > interests at ICANN are spread out into several constituencies with
> > voting membership, whereas we do have only ONE non-com constituency for
> > both non-com registrants and non-com non-registrants. You've got it?
> >
> > If you now compare the number of registrants & users with business
> > companies we should then have at least 5 registrant-oriented
> > constituencies.
> >
> > Just my two ounces along the line...
> >
> > Dominik

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827