[ga] Re: How to Get Help When You Have a Problem with Your Registrar

  • To: roberto@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: How to Get Help When You Have a Problem with Your Registrar
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:01:20 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: scrawford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Roberto and all,

Recently an announcement was posted entitled "How to
Get Help When You Have a Problem with Your Registrar".
 At the top of the page a hyperlink was provided to a
complete list of ICANN accredited registrars.  I
selected a registrar at random -- Blog.com - Digital
Communications, Inc.  (.biz, .com, .info, .name, .net,
.org, .pro).

Next I looked at the registry monthly reports and saw
that Blog.com had 424 .com registrations in the month
of November 2006.

OK, that means that they're operational and should be
in compliance with the RAA...

When I went to their website (directly from their
listing on the ICANN website) I was surprised to see
no interactive WHOIS, no registrar Terms of Service,
no posted fee structure either for domains or for RGP
services etc.  In short, nothing whatsoever to
identify them as a provider of registration services.

When I typed "WHOIS" into their website search engine,
the response received was "Sorry, We were unable to
find any results for the given search phrase".

How exactly does this comply with status as an
accredited registrar?  Is there some nuance that I am
missing?

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front