[ga] Re: Capture by a Self-interested Faction

  • To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Capture by a Self-interested Faction
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 05:19:43 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stephane,

My immediate concerns:

(1) Technical considerations (such as those posted by
John Klensin) seem to have been given short shrift by
the SubGroup.
(2) SubGroup allocation recommendations have not been
thought through well, nor have all available options
been explored (as these other options would not fit
within the self-serving agenda of the SubGroup
members).
(3) Introducing half-baked allocation recommendations
into the tail end of a PDP process that has dragged on
for well over a year is comparable to stuffing a
1000-page appropriations bill with last minute
measures -- this is not how we should be producing
good policy.

--- Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 03:35:18PM -0800,
>  Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
>  a message of 71 lines which said:
>
> > These recommendations should be thrown into the
> trash,
>
> Why? There were absolutely no reasons to reserve
> these
> names. Therefore, there are no reasons to keep them
> frozen.
>
> I am under the strong feeling that some people will
> refuse anything
> coming from ICANN. Most of the time, ICANN is
> accused of regulating
> too much. And now that a report suggest to loosen
> the grip,
> always-complainers regret the old restriction?

Get your own web address.