[ga] Delayed approval

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Delayed approval
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:58:34 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sometimes I put an action in a subconscious space in my brain. When I know that an event will happen with complete certainty, I just log it as done.

  This was such an event that I just knew would occur. So now that it has come to pass I have to ask why did I just log it as a fait compli.
  http://webhosting.devshed.com/c/a/Web-Hosting-News/ICANN-VeriSign-com-Agreement-Wins-DoC-Approval/

  Well I know the answer. So now I have to ask; is the reason good or bad? Well I think that the reason is good. And the process seems to be good. However I do not like the result. Not the resulting agreement but that the running of dotCOM is the result of the settling of a lawsuit that has nothing to do with the benefit to the internet and its users.

  If that seems circuitous it is because it is.