Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:12:57 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sarah b. deutsch" <sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Understand this;
  Lawyers do not sit around and decide something is bad and then file a lawsuit. People sit around and get angry and insecure and go to lawyers to do something like lawsuits about it.
  No lawsuits are being filed here because lawyers have opinions regarding stability of the net.
  Lawsuits are filed in IP situations to protect investment in branding and that is it.
  I say bull on this having anything to do with stability other than some gal dreaming up the theory in order to garner hysterical support.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Eric and all,

Well did you carefully read the last two paragraphs? Seems to me
a number of legal minds disagree with your opinion, so much so
they have brought legal action.

I also don't see where Sarah is displaying any sort of behavior
indicating any medication use, and as far as I know she isn't
using any medication of any kind. Do you have personal
knowledge of any medication use by Sarah, Eric? I know I
don't. Indeed her comments seem to indicate she is angry
and frustrated, and so she should be given she represents
Verizon/verizon.com.

On the other hand, maybe Sarah should be seeking a legal
action against what/whichever Registrars and Registries whom
are responsible for damaging Verizon/verizon.com's good name...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> I had to read this article a few times. I kept looking for anything
> that would bolster or backup the statement that the tasting concepts
> would "destabilize" the domain name system. I could find absolutely
> nothing. My suggestion is the Attorney "stabilize" her medications
> before making such obviously manic paranoid assertions. Perhaps her
> company flow chart may be destabilized but not the Ineternet or any
> naming system. Clearly the IP folks get concerned over anything that
> looks like competition, as well the should, but this company makes
> more off the domain business than off trademarks anyday.
> It is interesting that it is a lower being quoted here and not a
> salesman.

> Veni Markovski wrote:
> Follow-up.
>
> The article is published:
> http://www.businessweek.c
> m/technology/content/dec2006/tc20061215_022904.htm
>
> veni
>
> At 09:27 AM 13.12.2006 '?.' -0800, Danny Younger wrote:
> >Veni,
> >
> >Moira Herbst of BusinessWeek.com is preparing an
> >article on domain name tasting/kiting. Her deadline
> >is this evening. Perhaps you might wish to explain to
> >her how ICANN has resolved everyone's concerns.
> >
> >Moira Herbst, Reporter
> >BusinessWeek.com
> >1221 Avenue of the Americas, 45th Floor
> >New York, NY 10020
> >Phone: (212) 512-3285
> >Email: moira_herbst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> >Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
> >http://new.mail.yahoo.com
>

> Sincerely,
> Veni Markovski
> http://www.veni.com
>
> check also my blog:
> http://blog.veni.com

Abraham Lincoln

United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827