Re: [ga] ICANN Board unanimously approves .biz/.info/.org registry agreements by 13-0

Sotiris and all,

  I share your opinion and sentiments here, Sotiris.

sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > At 05:45 PM 11.12.2006 '?.'  -0800, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >>[cutting lots of insults]
> >>Where was Mr. markovski in 1998, Karl? When you were voted in as an ICANN
> >
> > Where was I? I was here:
> > http://www.icann.org/committees/at-large/mitf-bios.htm and I was also
> > at half a dozen other places, where you have never been. And, btw, I
> > don't care where you have been.
>
> So, you've actually been around long enough to know some of the history...
> that only serves to make you twice as culpable.
>
> > It's not necessary and it's not
> > important. What is important is that you switched from attacking
> > ICANN to attacking me. That's always a sign your position wasn't good
> > right from the beginning.
>
> Any entity is the sum of its parts, and as with a computer the GIGO
> principle applies equally to corporate entities.  In keeping with that
> analogy, it's more often the individual pieces of software that we install
> on computers which cause us problems and not the computers themselves per
> se (i.e. as the sum of their constituent hardware parts).  ICANN was
> generally considered a good idea back in 2000, it has since degenerated
> into an abomination.  Was the original idea bad or was it subsequently
> corrupted?  I happen to believe it was corrupted in stages.  How does
> corruption occur?  It comes about as a state of progressive putrefaction
> arising from decay (as by rot).  So, once again we return to the GIGO
> principle, as IMO ICANN did not become corrupted without rotten elements.
> Of course this raises other questions...
>
> My only question is: how many more condescending and patronizing patsies
> from the ICANN insider reserve will we see acting as directors before
> something/anything is done to actually serve a truly "bottom up" Internet
> Public Interest as a whole?
>
> I've been involved in and around ICANN since 1998 and I have to say,
> considering the importance of the Internet as a global infrastructure
> resource, I am less than impressed by the quality of its "stewardship" to
> date.  Shame on you Veni!
>
> Sotiris Sotiropulos

"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827