Re: [ga] Google Sued for Allegedly Profiting From Child Porn

Chris and all,

Same, comments under the fold.

kidsearch wrote:

> Comments under the fold.

Google DOES PRODUCE the offending product for searching and more easily
accessing "Child Porn" and as such is by doing so *Profiting* from same..
Different *Kind* of apple, yes.  Still an apple, and not an orange.

> >   Google know full well far in advance that "Child Porn" is bad and
> > in some instances is a criminal activity, is yet still willing to *Profit*
> from
> > it.  Hence Google is rightly at least being sued accordingly...
>
> You have to PROVE the word "willing" They would have to have the INTENT to
> distribute child porn to be liable. If they have taken "reasonable" steps to
> filter it out or can show they have deleted accounts that contain illegal
> material, then they have proven they have taken "reasonable" steps to filter
> it out.

Maybe.

> >   For the record, there are many different kinds of apples, it seems
> > that perhaps the "Google apple" has the most worms in the search
> > engine industry... >;)  It seems that eradication of at least some of
> > these Worms from the "Google apple" is necessary or desirable
> > in order for such an apple to be reasonably publicly palatable...
>
> The lawsuit is a reach at best. It has no chance of success. Google has deep
> pockets and that makes them a target.

Google also has a history of being obtuse, making itself a even bigger
target.

> Personally I think google's days as #1 search engine are numbered because
> they focus too much on quantity and not quality. They want the MOST results,
> the BIGGEST database.
>
> MSN, AOL, and Yahoo traffic has been much more targeted recently and
> converts to action better than google traffic. People want relative results
> not the most results. Who checks the 100,000th page of results anyway?
> So I'm not a big defender of google, not a fan, but the lawsuit is still
> garbage and worse yet, political garbage.
>

> > kidsearch wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, but they actually had their hands on those things and produced
> them.
> > > They have never been successfully sued because a bank robber used their
> cars
> > > in a getaway or kidnappers using their vehicles to kidnap, or
> carjackings
> > > taking place because their cars are so desirable.
> > >
> > > So, you just did an apples and oranges comparison. Google doesn't
> produce
> > > the child porn like gm produced the faulty parts.
> > >
> > > This legal battle is one google wins easily. Save this email and refer
> back
> > > to it later, Jeff.
> > >
> > > You were just testing me to see if I'd notice the apples from the
> oranges
> > > right Jeff?
> > >
> > > Chris McElroy AKA NameCritic
> > > http://www.ThingsThatJustPissMeOff.com