[ga] article

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] article
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:10:55 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://allafrica.com/stories/200604101362.html

Interesting article.

What did the registration then entail and what were the requirements?

I was part of the global network of pioneers known to each other in an informal way through a network of IT experts.

We applied first to Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), filled in a form but we were required to demonstrate that we were competent and can access the Internet, which entailed having access to electronic mail everyday. They needed a permanent administrative and technical contact.

So you did not pay any money?

No, not at all. The Internet was created, based and managed by the Private Sector. It involved creativity, flexibility and most importantly a spirit of community service that is why it was created for community service.

So why does ICANN now think it should require more than that?

Chris McElroy
http://www.articlecontentprovider.com